We perform a wide variety of surgical procedures in which we use the Accuvet Laser to promote faster healing times with less pain. Below are some of the advantages of performing laser surgery.
In addition to being very accurate without disturbing healthy tissue, the laser has many other attributes:
- The laser never has to touch the tissue. This makes for much less tissue trauma.
- Bleeding is markedly reduced. This is always of great benefit in surgical situations.
- There is minimal swelling.
- Surgical time is greatly reduced
- Pain is also markedly decreased
Here is a short list of the types of procedures that may be familiar to you as a pet owner:
- Spays and neuters
- Declaws. This is one of the most frequent uses of the laser. The pain reduction is remarkable.
- Ear surgeries
- Eye and eyelid surgeries
- Oral surgery
- Lick granulomas
- Lump or tumor removal
- Laser Toe Nail Trims (to push long quicks back)